Is your church passionate about transforming the lives of children and ministering to your community? Child Evangelism Fellowship shares that passion and is prepared and eager to help you impact your community for Christ through effective ministry to children in a Good News Club. God allows us to offer a proven plan, effective training and high-quality materials focused on bringing neighborhood children and their families into the local church.
What are the benefits to partnering with CEF and sponsoring a school?
- Provides a fun and impactful way to mobilize church members of all ages for missionary outreach opportunities in your community.
- Gives your church visibility in the community and among other churches.
- Builds trust and relationships with unchurched and families.
- Establishes a safe haven for unchurched families—giving them somewhere to turn when needs arise or when they are looking for a church to attend.
- Helps your congregation maintain a vision for lost souls through verbal reports, sharing prayer needs and praises, and bulletin inserts regarding club activities and testimonies.
- Trains and develops new volunteer workers not only for your Good News Club but for your church’s children’s ministry and mission teams.
- Increases the outreach of your children’s ministry program.
- Provides contact with new families (of Good News Club participants), whom you can invite to special church activities.
- Facilitates the spiritual maturity and leadership growth of team members through their ministry involvement in neighborhoods and schools.
- Leads to church growth.
- Allows your church to be a blessing to children, their school(s), your community, and the nation!
What the pastor and leaders said about Good News Club after starting the first Good News Club in Gwinnett County – Recorded in 2012
Churches having Bible clubs in public schools – is this a dream? No, it’s happening! Churches around the world are ministering to children through Good News Club in public schools. In June 2001 this privilege was extended to churches in the United States with a historical Supreme Court ruling (find out more).
CEF offers church partners a strategic plan, materials, training, support and mentoring. Through a God-centered partnership between the local church and CEF, children’s lives change and churches grow. With Bible centered lessons following unit studies about our God, we have the teaching material, demonstrations, action-filed video songs, mission stories as well as Bible memory verses. Contact Carol below for more information on the curriculum we teach!
Churches come to the partnership with the most important ingredient, God’s people. A team from your church will bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the school children. CEF offers specialized training for this endeavor.
CEF takes care of the major logistics of getting a club started: contacting the school, providing liability insurance and conducting background checks.
To adopt a school in your neighborhood or learn more about this opportunity, contact Carol, our director, or call 770-402-9696.
Let’s hear from the first club in Gwinnett County, Riverside Elementary. Hear what the pastor of the church, a teacher of the school, and the coordinator have to say about Good News Club.
Bobby Linkous, the pastor of the first church and Bible teacher in Good News Club
Toni Black, teacher at Riverside Elementary and leader in Good News Club
Thelma Goolsby, Retired teacher, coordinator and leader in Good News Club